Three New Board Members Join Urban League of Broward County
For immediate release
Fort Lauderdale, FL – October 27, 2016 – Urban League of Broward County welcomes three new board members to help the organization focus on its mission of securing economic self-reliance, parity, power, and civil rights for families and individuals across the community.
The new Board of Directors members are:
- Kizzy Dominguez, president of K. Parks Consulting (KPC)
- Todd Paton, president of Paton Marketing
- Dennis D. Smith, vice chairman of Tripp Scott, who returned to the board after previously serving as chairman for 10 years.
They join the 26-member board at a time when the agency’s services and programs in the areas of education, jobs, housing, and health continue to be in high demand, even as the economy steadily improves and more jobs are available in the community.
All three new board members bring unique skills and contributions to serving on the board.
- Kizzy Dominguez has trained, coached and empowered many leaders, middle managers, and front-line employees. She was the 2014 Enterprising Woman of the Year and recently recognized by Profiles in Diversity Journal as a Woman Worth Watching. KPC was recognized as a TCI 2015 Top Woman-Led Business in South Florida, a finalist for the 2015 Florida Companies to Watch, and nominated for the 2014 Best Places to Work in Orlando.
- Todd Paton is a frequent and highly rated speaker on industry-related topics. He was recognized by Constant Contact for his outstanding achievement as a certified expert. His company was named “Best of 2013” for Internet Marketing and Website Design in a survey of Daily Business Review readers. His commitment to the community is exemplified by also serving on the board of The Boys and Girls Club of Broward County and as the incoming president of the Biscayne Bay Kiwanis Club.
- Dennis D. Smith is a skilled negotiator with extensive experience handling complex financing transactions and corporate matters. He is also a devoted community leader who previous served as chairman of both the Urban League of Broward County and the Lighthouse Planning and Zoning Board for 20 years. In addition, he is a member of and previously served as president of the Executives' Association of Fort Lauderdale, is a member of the board, chair of the Business Advocacy Committee, and an executive committee member of the Broward Workshop. The South Florida Business Journal recognized him as one of the region's best lawyers.
“It’s remarkable how many truly talented and engaged community leaders serve on our Board of Directors and are devoted to helping our agency uplift families and individuals during these continued hard times for so many people across our community,” said Shaun Davis, chairman of Board of Directors at Urban League of Broward County.
About Urban League of Broward County
The Urban League of Broward County is a not for profit organization founded to empower communities and change lives. Our mission is to assist African Americans and other disenfranchised groups in the achievement of social and economic equality. Our “Breaking the Cycle” programs uplift more than 7,000 people every year through affordable housing initiatives, youth development and diversion, employment and training, community empowerment, and civic engagement. Learn more about the Urban League of Broward County by visiting: www.ulbroward.org.