Progressive Pathways to Career Transformation
We are committed to strengthening the family unit by promoting economic self-sufficiency. We help equip individuals with the tools needed to enter or re-enter the workforce through training, career-building, and job placement services. ADVANCE-U offers a full range of essential economic resources for residents to help them succeed in the workforce, stabilize their finances and build assets.
ADVANCE-U can be described in three simple solutions; career credentialing, career preparation, and career advancement.
The Urban League is strengthening its service model with career credentialing to help families recover and thrive long after the pandemic. We are committed to eliminating equality gaps through reskilling and upskilling pathways to employment.
"I believe getting the white belt certification really helped drive their decision to hire me." - Kimerlee Richardson
Earn One Free Certification
- Administrative Assistant Careers
- Administrative Assistant
- Blueprint Reading
- Bookkeeping Basics
- Call Center Customer Service
- Contact Tracer
- CNC Operator
- Digital Literacy
- Electronic Technician
- Frontline Supervisor
- Lean Six Sigma White Belt
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt
- Supply Chain Management Principles
- Supply Chain Management Customer Service Operations
- Guest Services and Hospitality
- Hospital Greeter
- Insurance and Billing Clerk
- Machine Operator Level 1
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Retail Associate Certificate
- Small Business Management
- Warehousing and Distribution
- Warehousing and Distribution
- Microsoft Excel Data Analysis
- Microsoft Excel Certificate
- Project Management Introduction
- CompTIA A+< Beginner Information Technology Course?
The Urban League provides essential tools and services to guide career preparation for individuals seeking employment. All of our uniquely designed workshops are facilitated by career coaches focusing on key developmental categories:
- Job Search Techniques
- Financial Literacy
- Family & Child Support Services
- Life skills Development
- Resume & Job Search Techniques
- Interview Attire
- Image Consultation
- Pre-interview Counseling
- Interview Preparation
The Urban League of Broward County provides a space to overcome hurdles that may be holding you back and help you move towards creating a step-by-step plan for attaining your long-term goals. Through the coaching process, clients will focus on financial education, asset building, job training, career advancement, public benefits screenings, and identifying personal goals for a successful financial future!
- Job Placement Opportunities
- Money Management Education
- Credit Improvement Strategies
- Asset Building
- Job Development Support and Training
- Career Fairs and Hiring Events
- Networking Opportunities
Thank you to the following workforce partners who are committed to advancing economic services through the Urban League's mission.
- Aspire Academy
- AT&T Believe Miami
- Bank of America
- Bloomin' Brands Inc.
- Broward College
- Broward Sheriff's Office
- CareerSource Broward
- City Furniture
- CLS Behring
- Department of Economic Opportunity
- Health Foundation of South Florida
- National Urban League
- South Florida Anchor Alliance
- United Way
Have a question about our Jobs programs?
Contact the Urban League at 954.584.0777.