he First Time Homebuyer Workshop (FTHW) is an 8 hour course held on the 2nd Saturday of each month. FTHW provides information on the steps to homeownership including budgeting & credit, predatory lending, the lending process, searching and maintaining the home. Registration becomes available on the 4th Monday of each month.
Please plan to arrive on time. Doors open at 8:30. No food, drinks (even water) is allowed in the training room. The workshop will begin promptly at 9:00 a.m.
***Must have a legible PHOTOCOPY of your Driver's license in order to attend the class.***
- Eating and drinking in the training room is strictly prohibited.
- Children are not permitted at any time during the workshop.
- Please bring a sweater as the training room temperature is set and it cannot be changed.
- If you are unable to attend, please let us know as soon as possible. The workshop is in high demand and we would love to be able to fill cancelled seats as soon as possible,
- Thank you for choosing the Urban League of Broward County for your housing needs.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit? We're required to verify you are who you say you are. Therefore we request you bring a legible photocopy of your driver's license. You must be 18 years or older to attend.
- What are my transport/parking options? We have ample parking, free of charge on site and there is near bus station on NW 27th Avenue. We are located next to the African American Library, with additional free parking.
- What can/can't I bring to the event? We recommend you bring a light sweater. You may bring food and drinks into the building; however you will not be able to bring it inside the training room during the workshop.
- Is lunch served? Unfortunately, lunch is not served, participants are responsible for their own lunch. There are several places to eat near the Urban League.
- Where can I contact the organizer with any questions? You may email the organizer by clicking below. It is also required you register before attending workshop to guarantee a seat. We do not use a waiting list system.
- Is my registration/ticket transferrable? It is strictly prohibited to transfer your registration.
- Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event? It is not required you bring your printed ticket. When you register, your name is automatically added to the registration list. However, we do recommend you bring it for faster registration time.
- The name on the registration/ticket doesn't match the attendee. Is that okay? It is not okay if the registration/ticket was transferred to a different person. It is okay if your name is under your spouse (or co-participant) and the co-participant is in attendance.
Thank you for choosing the Urban League of Broward County for your housing services.