WHAT IS VITA? WHO IS IT FOR?
The VITA Program offers free tax help to low- to moderate-income (generally, $54,000 and below). Certified volunteers receive training to help prepare basic tax returns in communities across Broward County.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT TO YOU AND PEOPLE WE SERVE?
The VITA Program provides FREE tax service to people who earn $54,000 or less and who can benefit from someone preparing their taxes. This is a service to help people keep more of what they earned.
The Urban League of Broward County serves as one of the many locations available to receive this free service.
Services at the Urban League of Broward County begin January 24th and are as follows:
Tuesday 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Wednesday 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Friday 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Also, the second Saturday of the month (Jan. 27th, Feb 10th, March 10th and April 14th) 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Please come prepared! You will need the following documents before you can be seen:
- Original Social Security Cards for you, your spouse and/or dependents or social security number verification letter issued by SSA
- Government-issued photo identification for you and your spouse
- Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Form 1099)
- Daycare expenses with the providers’ EIN and amount paid (if applicable)
- Bank routing numbers and account numbers for direct deposit, blank check
- A copy of last year’s tax return
- Any other relevant information about income and expenses
- Health insurance documents: 1095A, 1095B or 1095C. If you qualified for an exemption through the Health Insurance Marketplace, bring the Exemption Certificate Number (ECN).
Urban League of Broward County
560 NW 27th Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311